This project is a great sensory project and helps to build fine motor skills, as well as colour awareness and helps evoke imagination
- 1 A4 or A3 art paper
- 1 Red Paint
- 1 Yellow Paint
- 1 Blue Paint
- 1 Art Smock
- Lots Water for cleaning
- 1 roll of paper towel for cleaning
- 1 Peg - to hang painting to dry
- 1 Clothes line - to hang painting to dry
- 1 Plastic lid for paint to rest on
- Put one paint at a time onto the plastic lid and allow the child to explore it's textures, make sure you sit beside them and talk about colours and help the child place the paint onto the paper. Add ech new paint to the same lid and talk about the change in colours and allow children to explore this concept
- After the child has completed the painting, clean up the child and the floor/table and hang painting to dry
- Once dry speak to the child about their painting, talk about colour and the feel of the dry paint and what the child has painted - talk about the picture itself and what the child sees when looking at their picture.
Please make sure that you supervise your child in this process and help them to understand what they are learning about and just enjoy the experience, don't worry about the mess... It can be cleaned. A wonderful way to bond with your baby.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: