A great project to display in your child’s room
- 1 balloon
- 1 cup pva mixed with water
- 1 newspaper torn into smaller pieces
- 1 bottle of pink paint
- 1 roll of string
- 1 piece a4 paper
- 1 hole punch
- Blow up balloon to desired size. Paper mache the balloon by dipping newspaper into glue mix and place on balloon. Repeat this process until you have at least two coats on the balloon. Make sure it's wet and smooth. Leave to dry overnight.
- Make a box using the A4 paper.
- Cut a piece of string smaller then the circumference of the balloon to sit on top, tie together to form a circle. Cut four pieces of string at the length you want the box to hang from. Attach the four pieces of string to the circle piece at equal intervals.
- Once balloon is dry, paint and leave to dry overnight again.
- Now it is all dry you can assemble. Place the circle string over the top of balloon and hang the four pieces of string down. Hole punch top of box in each corner. Tie string to box.
- Use a needle and thread another piece of string (cut to desired length to hang balloon from doorway or ceiling) through the top of balloon and tie together at the top to form a hanger.
This project will take 3 days to complete as you have to allow paint and glue to dry. It is well worth the wait.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: