A great moisturiser safe for the whole family.
- 1/2 cup Magnesium flakes
- 3 tablespoons Boiling water
- 1/4 cup Unrefined coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Beeswax
- 3 tablespoons Shea butter
- Pour 3 tablespoons of boiling water in to the magnesium flakes in a small container and stir until it dissolves. This will create a thick liquid. Set aside to cool.
- In a quart size mason jar inside a small pan with 1 inch of water, combine the coconut oil, beeswax and shea butter and turn on medium heat.
- When melted, remove the jar from the pan and let the mixture cool until room temp and slightly opaque. At this point, put in to a medium bowl or into a blender.
If in a bowl, use a hand blender or immersion blender on medium speed and start blending the oil mixture.
- If in a bowl, use a hand blender or immersion blender on medium speed and start blending the oil mixture.
- Slowly (starting with a drop at a time) add the dissolved magnesium mixture to the oil mixture while continuing blending until all of the magnesium mix is added and it is well-mixed.
- Put in the fridge for 15 minutes and re-blend to get body butter consistency.
Magnesium Body Butter doesn’t have any preservatives, so I make in smaller batches and keep for up to two months without a problem. It can also be stored in the fridge for a thicker and cooling lotion that is great to use after sun exposure to help the body absorb Vitamin D.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: