This is a good simple project for those with school aged children or those expecting a new arrival
- 42 Crayons of your colour choice (works best with good brand)
- 1 30 cm x 30 cm Painting Canvas (not the ones on the frame)
- 1 heat gun ( I used an embossing heat gun)
- 1 hot glue gun or clear craft glue
- 2 paints in your choice of colours (one main colour, one for the outline)
- 1 lead pencil
- 1 Frame (or hanging kit) optional
- Select your coloured crayons and arrange them in your chosen pattern on a flat surface.
- Starting gluing down the crayons along the top edge, starting at one of the side edges, placing the tip of the crayon towards the bottom. It looks better if you have the labels all facing the same direction
- Sketch out you monogram with pencil and paint with your main colour. Leave to dry completely
- Place your canvas (with crayons attached) on an angle (I used and art easel), with paper underneath to protect the table top (or what ever you have it on).
Use the heat gun to start melting the tips of the crayons. This works best if the heat gun is held approximately 10-20cms away and at a 45 degree angle.
Once you are happy with it, leave it to harden.
- Once everything is dry and hard, outline your monogram with the other colour paint. Leave to dry
- Display in your choosen space.
This idea went viral a while ago on Pinterest and I decided to make some myself.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: