Paper plate Cockatoo, easy to make and lots of fun to play with.
- Paper plates
- Yellow feathers
- Googly eyes
- grey paper/card
- Halve one paper plate and staple around edges to keep closed, leaving a space near the fold on one side for the beak.
- Cut a piece of grey card into a triangle shape and staple into space made for it.
- Cut a hole in the same area (head) and push some feather in then staple to keep in place.
- Glue on the googly eyes to either side of your cockatoo.
- Cut another paper plate in half. place one half on one side then staple and the other half on the other side and staple. Viola you are done!
This is fun and a great way to learn about Australian Native animals. We played lots of games in the garden and learnt about the sounds they make, what they eat and where they live :)
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: