Make a Mouth Pop-up Card. When you open the card, the mouth opens! You can make your card look like a bird, a shark, or a big-mouth monster. This is a very easy project and a lot of fun.
- 2 A4 coloured paper (card-stock works great)
- crayons and/or markers
- Fold a piece of paper in half. Cut a line about 2 inches long (5 cm) about the middle of the crease.
- Fold back each of the flaps to make 2 triangles. Open up the card, lay it down like a V. Push one of the triangles up and pinch the edged together above the card. Repeat with the other triangle.
- Close the card and push down on the folds to make them well-creased. When opened, you have a pop-up mouth.
- Fold another piece of paper in half (a different colour looks great). Glue this new card to the outside of your pop-up card. Don't glue near the mouth area or it won't open! Let the glue dry.
- Draw a scary animal around the mouth and finish decorating your card.
For variations on this card, don't cut a straight line - cut a wavy line or a zigzag for scary teeth. You can even make more than one mouth for 2 monsters or a two-headed monster. This pop-up area also looks a lot like a bird's beak or a shark's mouth.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: