If you’re anything like me, you watch movies where the parents go away for the weekend and the teenagers throw a crazy party that trashes the house and you think to yourself “my kids would never do that!”
Thankfully for me (and my house), my kids have actually never had a raging party in our absence … No toilet paper in the trees, no red plastic cups strewn over the lawn and no lawn chairs in the pool. That’s just the stuff in movies.
But my oldest one – now nearly 19 – does have friends around a lot. They are all beautiful kids and they are always welcome in my house. They have card nights, they hang outside in Summer, they cook a lot (homemade pizza, mac n cheese, spaghetti bol and a few of the girls in the group even bake every now and then). They also get takeaway, watch movies and munch away on movie snacks. The usual.
And then the showers to get ready to go out commence! You can imagine the girls showering, tanning, hair, makeup etc etc!
Sometimes, if we take our younger kids away for holidays, he will stay behind at home. I’m still finding it hard to let go but he is an adult now after all.
It’s all good, clean fun. But there’s nothing ‘clean’ about the house once a pile of newly minted adults have been hanging out there for a few days. Despite their efforts to clean up after themselves, they are yet to learn that there’s a big difference between ‘clean’ and actually hygienically clean. Especially if we’ve been away for a while and there’s been loads of them showering, cooking and using the loo!
BAM once your friends have gone!
Wanting to make sure that I don’t end up resenting all his friends hanging out at our house, I created a “BAM once your friends have gone” KIT. In the case of my big boy/man child/newly minted adult, he is responsible for the complete sweep through the house after his friends have gone home.
I love that with 15 – 20 minutes and my three favourite Easy-Off Bam products, he can have the house not only sparkling clean to look at but also hygienically clean deep down.
So what’s in our “BAM once your friends have gone” kit?
I wanted to give him no excuses to not clean up properly. I also needed products that were going to work fast and with minimal effort. I really couldn’t see him sprinkling baking soda and spraying vinegar and scrubbing so I’ve gone for the big guns – the stuff that works perfectly first time, every time.
Here’s what I’ve included:
- A bunch of coloured microfibre cloths – Green for the Kitchen, Blue for the Bathrooms (except toilets), Yellow for the loos and Red for walls, tables and outdoor furniture. I actually made a little chart that we laminated and it stays in the bucket with the “kit” so no one forgets which cloth is for what.
- Easy-Off Bam Kitchen Grease Cleaner which is perfect for clean up after homemade pizza and mac n cheese, hot chocolates, pots of popcorn (that have burnt) and wiping down all the kitchen bench tops that seem to get sticky and greasy every time! The reason Easy-Off Bam Kitchen Grease Cleaner is so good is that it promises 100% grease removal as well as eliminating grime and tough, baked-on stains. It’s also ideal for tackling inside and outside the fridge, ovens, benchtops as well as the splashbacks, tiles and cupboard fronts.
- A checklist – again laminated in case of any splashes! Our checklist includes all the key areas that need a once over once friends have gone – start in the kitchen, then the bathroom and then the lounge and the rumpus. I know this sounds over the top but you’d be surprised how easy it is to do one area and forget the rest when you’re not the parent
- Easy-Off Bam Bathroom Soapscum Cleaner - multiple showers after the pool and the beach really take their toll on the bathrooms. Thankfully Easy-Off Bam Bathroom Soapscum Cleaner gets rid of soap scum from all that body wash and shampoo (and fake tan!!) and restores shine. Honestly this one is the bomb! It really is the ultimate power cleaner which gives us 100% soap scum removal every time. On top of that, I love that it easily tackles limescale and rust from sinks, glass and tiles as well as stainless steel taps, ceramic floors and bath tubs. There’s nothing worse than seeing a bobby pin or a shaving cream can that’s been sitting, rusting on the end of the bath! At least with Easy-Off Bam, rust stains simply wipe away.
- Last but not least, we have Easy-Off Bam Bleach Power Cleaner in our kit. Because it doesn’t matter how many times I tell the kids to use the exhaust fan, leave the bathroom window open or to pull the shower curtain across so that it dries out well, they never do. And it always seems that in the space of literally hours, the bathroom has become a mould trap! This Bam product effectively removes everyday stains so perfect for bathroom counter tops (using the blue cloth), wiping down the outside of the loo and around the loo (using the yellow cloth). It also handles the mould! A power clean solution with up to 100% mould removal, it works on surfaces including kitchen sinks, ceramic tiles, bathtubs, wash- basin, toilets and worktops.
I’ve put everything in our kit into one bucket so that it’s really just grab and go. Once the microfibre cloths have been used, they go into the washing machine, hung on the line and then back into the bucket with everything else – Easy!
So there you have it. Three trigger sprays and a “post friends over” house that is clean. Hygienically clean. Fast. The clean up is a breeze thanks to our “BAM once your friends are gone” kit!
He knows that having friends ‘hang at ours’ is a privilege, not a right. And that if they continue to respect our home and clean up after themselves the way they have to date, long may the fun-filled gatherings continue!
#sponsored #easyoffbam | You may have noticed I’ve specifically called out Easy-Off Bam products in this article. We worked together with the team at Easy-Off Bam to put this article together (as well as our “BAM once your friends have gone” Kit). It’s perfect timing to run this article as we also have MoM Members reviewing the Easy-Off Bam Power Cleaner Range right how.
We love that Easy-Off Bam products make cleaning quick and easy. With unique formulas, Easy-Off Bam’s specialty cleaning products generate powerful results, easily removing a range of dirt whilst minimising the need for elbow grease.
Always follow the on-pack usage instructions. The Easy-Off Bam range is not to be used by children.