Last year I decided to be the person who gave non chocolate Easter gifts.
Once the Easter Bunny has delivered the kids their chocolate eggs the last thing they need is more unhealthy fats and sugars. There are so many cute little non chocolate gifts on offer these days as most people agree with this line of thinking.
Here are a few cute little items I have found for young kids, and also a few for us older kids as well:
- Bunny night light – My daughter has one of these bunny night lights and I also got them for my nieces last year. These cute little guys use LED and batteries are included. $19 and $17 from Lark Store
- Bunny slippers – Very cute little Bunny slippers only $3 from Target. Bargain!
- Recycled paper Easter basket – I love this recycled basket only $21.95 from Oxfam. Great for carrying hot cross buns in!
- Easter cupcake cases and toppers – These are available from Bed Bath n Table from only $8.95. Make your own hot crossed buns/muffins and gift them with the mini cake plate with climbing bunnies $19.95.
- Kids Easter tee-shirts - Australian made kids tee shirts with the cutest Easter image are from IttyBittyGreenie and are 100% certified organic cotton and guaranteed sweatshop free. Size 1 $39.95.
- Funny Bunnies – Also from IttyBittyGreenie these funny bunnies are a great craft project to keep the little ones busy over Easter. All you need to get started is a pair of scissors, a ruler and some glue. Made from 100% recycled card and printed with vegetable based inks. $12.95.
Why not give some different types of gifts this year, how could kids not love some of these ‘non-chocolate’ gifts.
Do you always give chocolate or do you try to give non-chocolate gifts? Share in the comments below.