Hello!

14 Comments

Megan Burns took two year old Scarlett to the emergency room after visiting two local GP’s. She was told it was tonsillitis and sent home with antibiotics. Sadly her little girl died later that night.

“After waiting three hours to be seen, the doctor told us it was tonsillitis. He prescribed some numbing spray and antibiotics. The car ride home she seemed to pick up for the first time in days. She was eating and drinking and talking all happy,” the distraught mother wrote in a Facebook post.
“[Scarlett’s father] Leon got up to tuck in her own bed and he said she was making funny noises, so I rushed into her room, to find my beautiful baby unresponsive, I tried everything to wake her up, and screamed for Leon to call an ambulance.

megan b

“But unfortunately her heart wouldn’t start again. My sweet angel Scarlett passed away in the early hours of Thursday morning. There is a full investigation going on with the police, and they are questioning the doctors who saw to Scarlett, so hopefully I should have answers.”

Scarlett passed away on 25 February 2016.

Megan is determined to find answers. “I will fight this til the end, I know it won’t help my little angel, as long as it stops other children being neglected by the NHS then so be it.”

RIP precious Scarlett. We hope mummy and daddy get the answers they need very soon.
Share your comments below.


Images via Facebook

  • RIP little Scarlet, what a beautiful little face.

    Reply

  • Doctors so often dismiss parents’ knowledge of their own child.

    Reply

  • How scary to think it can happen so quickly!

    Reply

  • How very sad. My thoughts are certainly with them during this very difficult time.

    Reply

  • My hear brakes for you may the angels be with you.

    Reply

  • Oh no :( My heart goes out to your family.
    “A wife who loses a husband is called a widow. A husband who loses a wife is called a widower. A child who loses his parents is called an orphan. There is no word for a parent who loses a child. That’s how awful the loss is.”

    Reply

  • Another Angel taken to heaven.

    Fly free sweetheart

    Reply

  • My heart is breaking for this poor family. No one should have to ever go through this, prayers to you all xx

    Reply

  • RIP gorgeous girl. My heart breaks for her family

    Reply

  • So sad, i wonder what happened. They should have kept her over night as a precaution considering the mother went to doctors and then to the hospital.

    Reply

  • That is so sad! Shocking that something we consider to be an ‘everyday’ childhood disease can be deadly. And it happened so fast. I’m interested to see what went wrong in this little girls treatment that led to her death

    Reply

  • Poor little girl! I would want a lot of answers too. More.. I would want her back! :-(

    Reply

  • What a heartbreaking tragedy that possibly could have been avoided if the doctors listened to the parents and checked her properly. Rip angel

    Reply

  • So sad. Makes you think whether if when a parent feels something is just not right even when sent home by the hospital that the parents should just camp at the hospital’s waiting room – at least you are near the help needed if something bad happens.

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join