Hello!

15 Comments

A four-year-old girl is in hospital after suffering burns at a restaurant in Sydney.


 

Dettol_Liquid_Hand_Wash_main_image_625x430

Are your family’s hands as clean as they could be? Read the DETTOL Liquid Hand Wash reviews here


The little girl was enjoying a night out with her family at  the Wharf Teppanyaki when an open flame left her in a “serious condition” with burns to her forehead, cheeks and shoulders, reports The Sydney Morning Herald.

At a Teppanyaki restaurant they allow their customers to watch the meals be prepared in front of them on a hotplate.

A NSW Ambulance spokesperson told The Sydney Morning Herald the four-year-old was in a serious condition.

She is currently being treated at Sydney Children’s Hospital in Randwick.

We hope she has a speedy recovery.

Share your thoughts below.

Image via Getty

  • freak accidents happen – I wish her a speedy recovery, and hope this doesn’t stop this kind of restaurant from thriving

    Reply

  • A shocking accident which should never have happened. In the photo above the flames are quite high. I thought the flames were supposed to stay under the cook “plate”. I can only think that it had too much “fuel” in it ; fat or oil splashed into it or it was neglectful of the restruant. The flames could have flared so quickly out of control that anybody could have been badly burnt.

    Reply

  • How awful. I have never been to a restaurant like this, and will not take to my kids to one in the future

    Reply

  • Wishing this little girl a speedy recovery

    Reply

  • When there is fire you must keep an eye on children to keep them safe.

    Reply

  • I hope she recovers quickly. Hopefully the seating at these restaurants will be set a little further back to prevent anything like this happening to someone else.

    Reply

  • How scary, not what you expect on a night out. Hope she has recovered.

    Reply

  • Never been a fan of these types of restaurants. Hope the little girl is ok

    Reply

  • A terrible accident and wishing the poor little one a speedy recovery.

    Reply

  • that is a shame. i bet this might change how these places operate now.

    Reply

  • Sending the little girl and her family best wishes for a successful recovery. What a terrible thing to happen :(

    Reply

  • Lie ny

    Reply

  • Poor little one! I ate different times in Teppanyaki restaurants and never saw any accident happen. How unfortunate. :-(

    Reply

  • How horrible this must be for all involved. These restaurants are exciting places to be. I hope she recovers well, and soon!!

    Reply

  • Poor little thing. Hope she makes a speedy recovery.

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join