It’s so hard after the Summer holidays to think about back to school, so I’ve created this guide to help you get yourself organised.
- Bag: If your kids threw their school bag in the cupboard on the last day, it’s time to take it out and sort through all the end of year work they brought home. And hopefully you won’t find any rotten food at the bottom of their bag!
- Uniforms: Try on uniforms to make sure they fit, donate or throw out any small or stained uniforms. Wash the uniforms all ready for the first day.
- Labels: Make sure you have enough stationary and clothing labels and order more if you need.
- List: Write a list of for each child what you need to buy for the new school year.
- Shop: Set a day to go and buy the things you need, don’t leave it too late in case you can’t find anything.
- Name: Make sure you name all the uniform and stationary as kids lose things.
- Cook: Bake up some snacks for the kids lunch boxes and freeze them so you are well stocked up. Just take them out of the freezer on the school morning and they’ll be defrosted by snack time.
- Practice: Have a practice school lunch where the younger kids practice opening their own lunchboxes, it’s surprising how hard many of them are.
- Sleep: Re-establish bedtimes and morning wake up times a week before school goes back to make it easier for the kids.
- Calendar: Buy a family calendar or organiser to keep track of school events and after school activities.
Do you have any back to school tips to share?
PLEASE share with us in the comments below
Image credit: Shutterstock