Here’s the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert for your loved one, it’s easy to make and healthy too!
Ingredients for yoghurt jelly:
- 750 grams vanilla yoghurt
- 1 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 52 grams gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup caster sugar (if unsweetened yoghurt)
Ingredients for strawberry jelly:
- 1/2 lime
- 450 strawberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- To make yoghurt jelly: Combine gelatin and 1/2 cup of water and leave to sit for 10 minutes until dissolved.
- Mix yoghurt, ricotta and sugar.
- Boil 1/2 cup of water and add gelatin/water mix and stir until dissolved.
- Add gelatin mix to your yoghurt mix and stir.
- Oil a loaf tin pan (not olive oil as this will taint the jelly).
- Pour mix into pan.
- Cut top off strawberries and place whole standing up in pan.
- Place in the fridge for two hours to set.
- To make strawberry jelly: Cut up strawberries and add to pan with water, lime juice and sugar, bring to the boil and then simmer for 30 minutes. Leave to cool and then plave in fridge until you need it.
- Use a knife to carefully remove yoghurt jelly from pan and place on a plate.
- Place strawberry jelly over the yoghurt jelly.
- Decorate top with fresh berries and serve.
Watch the YouTube video for easy to follow visual instructions:
How yummy does this look?
What will you be making for dessert this Valentine’s Day?
PLEASE share your comments with us below
Image and video credit: YouTube