We are doing a ‘Spring Summer clean’ at our place and so I decided to find how to clean my washing machine – naturally, without all the chemicals.
What you need:
Vinegar and baking soda
- Fill a spray bottle with a solution of half white vinegar, half water.
- Spray the inside of the washing machine, don’t forget to spray inside the detergent dispenser and rubber seals where mould forms.
- Wipe the surfaces with a cloth or brush.
- If there is still mould, sprinkle baking soda on it and leave it for a while, then wipe down with vinegar.
- Add 2 cups of vinegar and run washing machine on a hot wash cycle.
- You can also clean the outside of the washing machine with the water/vinegar solution to get it sparkling.
I tried it today and it works really well, try it out yourself and let me know how you go. Please add your comment below.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.comWe may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.