We are doing a ‘Spring Summer clean’ at our place and so I decided to find how to clean my washing machine – naturally, without all the chemicals.
What you need:
Vinegar and baking soda
- Fill a spray bottle with a solution of half white vinegar, half water.
- Spray the inside of the washing machine, don’t forget to spray inside the detergent dispenser and rubber seals where mould forms.
- Wipe the surfaces with a cloth or brush.
- If there is still mould, sprinkle baking soda on it and leave it for a while, then wipe down with vinegar.
- Add 2 cups of vinegar and run washing machine on a hot wash cycle.
- You can also clean the outside of the washing machine with the water/vinegar solution to get it sparkling.
I tried it today and it works really well, try it out yourself and let me know how you go. Please add your comment below.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.com