You’ll have heard of tie dyeing but maybe not ice dyeing, this technique is easy and looks fantastic, check it out.
What you’ll need:
- Plain pillowcase
- Powdered fabric dye
- Soda ash
- Large container
- Wire rack
1. Fill a container with 3.8 litres of water and add 1 cup of soda ash and mix to combine.
2. Submerge your plain pillowcase in the water mix for 15 minutes.
3. Wring out pillowcase and tip out water.
4. Place a wire rack over your now empty container and place your pillowcase on top, spreading it out.
5. Cover pillow case with ice.
6. Sprinkle cold water powered cold water fabric dye in your design on top of the ice.
7. Leave to melt overnight.
8. Wash and dry the pillow case and it’s ready to decorate your couch or bed.
Watch the YouTube clip for video instructions:
This technique could be used to dye anything you wish to brighten up and they would make great gifts.
Have you tried ice dyeing? SHARE with us in the comments below.
Main image source: YouTubeWe may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.