I hate cleaning the toilet and I also hate the smell of all the chemical filled toilet cleaners, they are too strong.
There is a natural way to clean your toilet and get it sparkling, without all the nasty chemicals. Make your own toilet cleaning bombs!
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup of citric acid
- 1 1/2 cups of baking soda
- 30 drops of lavender essential oil
- 30 drops of lemon essential oil
- 30 drops of peppermint essential oil
- ice cube trays
- Combine the citric acid and the baking soda in a bowl.
- Add your oils while whisking.
- Add a small amount of water at a time using a spray bottle until mixture clumps together like playdough.
- Press mixture into ice cube trays (this quantity will fill 3 to 4 trays)
- After 30 minutes, scrape off excess mixture that has risen and fill more trays with it.
- Leave them overnight to set.
- Pop them out of trays and store in an airtight container.
- To clean your toilet, pop two in the bowl and leave to fizz for 30 minutes. Now simply scrub the bowl and flush.
I am going to make some of these; they are the perfect solution for natural toilet cleaning.
Try it out and let me know how you go. Please add your comment below.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.com