I hate cleaning the toilet and I also hate the smell of all the chemical filled toilet cleaners, they are too strong.
There is a natural way to clean your toilet and get it sparkling, without all the nasty chemicals. Make your own toilet cleaning bombs!
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup of citric acid
- 1 1/2 cups of baking soda
- 30 drops of lavender essential oil
- 30 drops of lemon essential oil
- 30 drops of peppermint essential oil
- ice cube trays
- Combine the citric acid and the baking soda in a bowl.
- Add your oils while whisking.
- Add a small amount of water at a time using a spray bottle until mixture clumps together like playdough.
- Press mixture into ice cube trays (this quantity will fill 3 to 4 trays)
- After 30 minutes, scrape off excess mixture that has risen and fill more trays with it.
- Leave them overnight to set.
- Pop them out of trays and store in an airtight container.
- To clean your toilet, pop two in the bowl and leave to fizz for 30 minutes. Now simply scrub the bowl and flush.
I am going to make some of these; they are the perfect solution for natural toilet cleaning.
Try it out and let me know how you go. Please add your comment below.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.comWe may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.