If you have a dinosaur loving kid then they will love this handmade dinosaur hobby horse.
What you’ll need:
- 2 different colours of felt
- 2 buttons
- Hot glue gun
- 1 inch diameter dowel rod
- Needle, thread
- Ribbon (optional)
- Draw the shape of a dinosaur you want to make on your cardboard. Double this size to allow for seams and volume of head shape and cut out.
- Trace the shape twice on your head felt and cut out.
- Draw a spike on your cardboard and cut out.
- Trace the spike onto felt and cut out the amount of spikes you wish.
- Pin the spikes flat to one piece of the head felt.
- Pin the two heads together with the spikes on the inside.
- Sew the head pieces together leaving the bottom open so you can turn it inside out.
- Turn the head inside out and stuff it, also putting the dowel inside.
- Use a hot glue gun to glue the neck felt to the dowel. Glue on a ribbon over the top if you wish.
- Glue or sew on your button eyes.
- Leave to dry.
- Trim the dowel length to easiest for child, this will vary for different heights.
- Your dinosaur is ready to ride.
I love these and they are fairly simple to make, they would make gorgeous presents to give. You could change the dinosaur into any animal your child loves too.
What’s your child’s favourite animal?
SHARE with us in the comments below
Image credit: PinterestWe may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.