Help make your kids bedroom a magical fairy place by making them a gorgeous fairy lantern that they’ll absolutely adore. They are easy to make and look amazing once completed. Maybe the kids would like to make their own or maybe you can make some as gifts?
How to make your own Fairy lantern…
What you’ll need:
- Printer (or draw your own)
- Wire (optional) from an old coat hanger
- LED candle
- preserved moss or artificial moss (optional)
- Stickers (optional)
- Washi tape (optional)
- Clean your empty jar and remove any labels.
- Sponge on white acrylic paint on inside of the jar – two coats. Leave to dry.
- Glue some artificial moss in the bottom of your jar.
- Print off some fairy designs from the internet and cut them out – leaving little tabs on the bottom to glue them.
- Glue fairy shapes into jar and lean against the side.
- Add star or flowers stickers to inside of jar to add to your design if you wish.
- Paint the lid if needed.
- Add gold tape to the sides if you wish.
- Cut some wire off the coat hanger to make a handle if you want one.
- Bend wire into shape.
- Make 2 holes in lid with nail and hammer.
- Place wire into holes to create handle and bend to keep in place.
- Place LED candle inside the lantern and watch the magic.
Watch the YouTube video for easy to follow video instructions:
My kids would love to make these themselves, what a cute craft idea. It would be make a craft party activity too.
Would your kids like their own fairy lantern?
Please add your comment below.
Main image source: YouTubeWe may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.