My girls love headbands but as they get older it’s harder to find pretty ones that aren’t babyish. Solution? Make your own! It’s easy, almost free and you can make some today!
What you’ll need:
- Old t-shirt(s)
- Glue gun
- Measuring tape
- Cut two 4 cms strips across both layers of the t-shirt – do not use the hemmed bottom edge of the shirt.
- Gently pull and stretch the strips until the material rolls into itself.
- Loop pieces together as pictured.
- Pull ends gently until you have a Celtic knot.
- Measure headband on head to see how long to cut the ends – they should just meet.
- Cut a piece of t-shirt fabric 6.5cms by 9cms.
- Glue together ends of headband and glue and wrap extra bit of t-shirt around ends.
- Leave to dry for a few minutes and the headband is ready to wear.
My girls would love these headbands, they look great, they could even make them themselves and I’m sure we have some old t-shirts we could use too.
Do you think you’ll make some? SHARE with us in the comments below.
Main image source: ShutterstockWe may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.