My kids love playing in tents and often make their own out of the kitchen table or the couch. Check out this easy wooden framed tent you can easily make at home to keep the kids entertained for hours.
What you’ll need:
- 4 pieces of 2.5 x 4 x 150 cm wood
- 3 pieces of 1.5 x 100 cm dowel rods
- 4.5 metres of metre width fabric
- washi tape (or sticky tape)
- Drill 2 holes, 1.5 cm in diameter in each of the wood. Drill the first hole 10 cm in from one end (this will become the top) and the second 3 cm from the other end (and this will be the bottom).
- Place your four pieces of wood on the ground and thread one of your dowel rods through all four at the top end. Then thread the other two rods through the bottom holes.
- Fold the fabric in half and stitch together making the fabric one big loop.
- Put the frame inside the fabric and open up the frame.
- Wrap a couple of layers of tape on the outside of round dowels to stop them from slipping out.
- Place blankets and pillows inside and it’s ready for the kids to play.
This is an easy tent you can make that the kids will love playing in.
Do your kids love playing in tents? SHARE with us in the comments below.
Main image source: Pinterest