Want to add in a little extra magic to the kids play dough? I never knew you could make glow in the dark play dough, and my kids loved it so much that I needed to share it with you!
How to make glow in the dark play dough
What you’ll need:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp cream of tartar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 6 oz glow in the dark paint (non toxic)
- Add your flour, salt, oil and cream of tartar in a large mixing bowl. Pour in your 2 cups of boiling water and mix the ingredients together and knead.
- Add your glow in the dark paint to your play dough. Use your hands to knead the paint into the dough until it is incorporated completely throughout the dough.
- You may need to add another small dusting of flour onto the dough and knead it in, if it’s too wet. You may not need to do this, it just depends on the consistency on how your play dough feels.
- You may need to put your play dough into your mixing bowl, cover it with wrap, and place it under a light source to help activate it’s “glow” effect until you’re ready to play with it. Read instructions on paint bottle.
- Create your shapes and then take them into a dark room to see the glowing effect.
Please make sure the kids don’t eat it!
This is a great fun holiday activity and something to make play dough more exciting for bigger kids.
Have you ever made glow in the dark play dough? SHARE with us in the comments below.
Main image source: Pinterest