It’s the perfect pie for the cooler months and now it’s even easier to make with this easy slow cooker filling recipe.
This is a must see easy way to make apple pie filling that tastes amazing!
What you’ll need:
- 9 cups (1150g) diced apples
- 2 tbsp (30mL) lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups (260mL) water
- ¼ cup (32g) cornflour
- 3 tbsp (45mL) pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- Add the diced apple to a slow cooker, and toss with the lemon juice.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 5-8 minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken and has reduced by a third. Pour the mixture over the apples, and toss until all of the apples are coated.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid, and cook the apples on HIGH heat for 3 ½ hours, gently stirring after every hour, or until the apples are tender.
- Apple filling can be eaten like this with ice cream or use pastry to make the best apple pie ever.
- Happy eating!
Do you like to make apple pie? Any tips to share? Please add your comment below.
Image: Pinterest.comWe may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.