I love making my own bath bombs because I know exactly what’s in them and can also control how strong the scent is. I find the smell of store bought bath bombs too strong. It’s so easy to make your own at home today.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup of citric acid
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- essential oil(s) of choice
- moulds or patty pan papers, food colouring (optional)
- Combine the citric acid, baking soda and cornflour in a bowl.
- Add in a few drops of food colouring if you want.
- In a separate bowl combine your essential oil and coconut oil.
- Slowly pour the oil into your bowl containing the dry ingredients, while stirring.
- Using you hands, mix the ingredients together until it feels like wet sand.
- Scoop the mixture into moulds or into patty pan papers and leave to set for 24 hours.
- Add one to a bath and relax.
These would make great cheap and thoughtful presents for family and friends.
Try it out and let me know how you go. Please add your comment below.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.com