I love gnocchi and homemade gnocchi is extra delicious. Did you know it’s so easy to make?
- 1.1 kgs of potatoes
- 2 1/2 cups of plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- Boil potatoes with the skin on until just tender.
- Drain and peel potatoes.
- Put your potatoes through a potato ricer or simply mash finely.
- Spread out potato on the bench and then add the flour and salt on top.
- Make a well in the centre and add the egg and beat with a fork.
- Use your hands to combine the mixture until a dough forms.
- Shape dough into a long rectangle 10cms wide and cut into 8-10 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a long log shape and cut into 2.5cm pieces.
- Toss gnocchi in flour to prevent from sticking while you are waiting to cook it.
- To cook: boil a large pot of water and add gnocchi, when the gnocchi rise to the surface after a few minutes they are ready to drain and eat.
My kids love homemade gnocchi – even the ones who don’t like potato!
Have you made your own gnocchi? Try it out and let me know how you go. Please add comment below.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.com