Hexagon shelves are all the rage but you don’t have to spend a fortune buying a designer shelf, you can make your own at home – very cheaply.
What you’ll need:
- Paddle pop sticks (about 100)
- wood glue
- wood stain or paint
- picture hanger (optional)
- Place 6 paddle pop sticks with the ends overlapping in a hexagon shape and glue. (You can print a hexagon template if you wish.)
- Continue adding layers until shelf is as deep as you desire – 16 layers is a good start.
3. Leave glue to dry.
4. Stain or paint your shelf.
5. Glue a picture hook on the back of the shelf if you wish to hang it.
6. Display your cute knick-knack on the wall on your new shelf.
I love how simple these are to make but they look so gorgeous and make a statement. The kids would love making one for their room.
Will you give one of these a try? Please add your comments below.
Images sourced: makeanddocrew.com