My kids love scratch art paper but it’s so expensive and you only get a few sheets. Well I’ve just discovered that you can make your own scratch art paper and I’m excited!
What you’ll need:
- Oil pastels (or crayons)
- Tempura paint – black
- Dish liquid
- Colour in your paper using a variety of coloured pastels in any design you wish.
- Combine a small amount of paint with a small squeeze of dish liquid.
- Paint over the top of your oil pastel design and leave to dry.
- Add a second layer of paint and leave to dry again.
- Your paper is ready to use, scratch your design into the paper.
I think scratch art looks amazing and we’ll definitely be doing more in my house now I know how to make our own scratch art paper.
Watch the YouTube video for visual instructions:
Have you tried scratch art with the kids?
SHARE with us in the comments below
Image credit: YouTube
We may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.