Nobody wants to go to the shops everyday for fresh fruit and vegetables so how do we keep our fresh produce fresh for longer?
Here are some great storage tips to help keep your fresh fruit and vegetables fresh:
1) Store asparagus like a flower and put in in a jar with water on your bench.
2) Individually wrap your cucumbers in a paper towel and place in a plastic bag in the fridge.
3) Store tomatoes on the bench not in the fridge, this ensures they ripen and taste their best.
4) Onions, garlic, potatoes and sweet potatoes should be stored in the cupboard.
5) Put cut basil in a jar with the stems in water and cover it in a plastic bag.
6) Store lettuce and celery in foil to make them last much longer.
7) Keep your apples in the fridge to keep them crisp.
Do you have any tips to share on keeping your produce fresh for longer? Please share in the comments below.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.comWe may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.