Ever wanted to know how to tie dye? It’s something that the kids would absolutely LOVE and it’s not quite as hard as you would think.
What you’ll need:
- A white t-shirt; or something you want to dye
- power fabric dye
- rubber bands
- squeeze bottles
- ziploc bag
- Wash and dry your t-shirt.
- Boil some water in a pot.
- Add 400 mls of boiling water to some power to make the paint – do this for as many colours as you would like to use. Place dyes into squeeze bottles.
- Wet and wring out your shirt.
- Twist your shirt into desired pattern and hold in place with rubber bands – ideas for designs in video.
- Squeeze dye over shirt.
- Place shirt in a ziplock bag and place in the sun to dry for a day or two.
- Rinse shirt while still tied, only untie once the water runs clear.
- Put t-shirt in the washing machine to spin and dry.
- Hang your shirt out to dry and then it’s ready to wear.
Watch the YouTube video here for full instructions:
Have you ever tie dyed? Try it out and let us know how you go. SHARE your thoughts with us in the comments below!Learn more.