Baskets look great but they can be expensive. Get the same look using a cardboard box, fabric and some rope!
What you’ll need:
- a box
- hot glue gun
1) Choose a sturdy box in the size you want for storage.
2) Cut the top flaps off the box.
3) Glue one end of your rope to the bottom edge of the box and wrap around the box until 2/3 of the box is covered.
4) Cut a strip of fabric double the size of the exposed box left.
5) Glue the material to the outside and fold over to inside of your box and glue in place.
6) Wrap one extra line of rope over the material and cut and glue in place.
7) Leave to dry.
Your box is ready to store things in!
These can be made so cheaply and they look great! They’d also be good for gift giving with hamper presents in.
Have you ever made a storage box like this? Please add any tips you have in the comments below.
Image courtesy of Pintrest.com