Hello!

7 Comments

Mum issues warning to all parents, to be aware of the dangers of baby cot inserts, following her baby girls death.

Carly Wok, a mum of two girls from Canberra, lost her tiny baby girl, Zara, in November 2015. She was only two months and five days old.

Zara died of asphyxiation after mum Carly put her down for a nap in her cot insert.

Carly said after putting Zara down and having a nap herself she woke and went to check on her baby girl to discover she had rolled over, and pushed herself all the way to the top. When Carly picked her up, and she was limp and blue.

She shared her post to Facebook begging parents to “Please, please share this and get this out there.. I do not want anymore babies losing they’re life over something so so stupid. No parent deserves to feel the overwhelming pain I feel, no parent deserves to bury they’re baby… and no baby deserves to die because of something so small.”

Carly originally shared her post in December 2015, an update confirmed the cause of death was suffocation.

We got Zara’s autopsy results back. She is considered to be in the SIDS 2 category because she died of ASPHYXIATION. It’s now confirmed that our Zaragirl suffocated in this stupid, stupid bed.

I NEED ALL MUMS, DADS, AUNTS, UNCLES, BROTHERS AND SISTERS TO READ THIS AND PLEASE SHARE BECAUSE YOU COULD SAVE A LIFE!!!

See these baby cot inserts? Well let me tell you a little story about them. I put both my kids in one of these because I could pop them anywhere. In the lounge room on the coffee table, on the kitchen bench, and in they’re cot so they we’re comfy. Looking back, these are the STUPIDEST Fucking things.

On the 19th of November 2015, she was 2 months & 5 days old, I put my Zara girl to sleep in one of these in her cot, and I went to sleep on the couch. When we went to check on her, she had rolled over, and pushed herself all the way to the top. We picked her up, and she was limp and blue. We called an ambulance, attempted CPR until the ambos came, then they worked on her for an hour. It was too late. THIS MONSTER FUCKING THING KILLED MY BABY!

 As we are going into what would be my Zara girls first Christmas (Dec 2015), I wanted to ask for a very special Christmas present from all of you. Please, please share this and get this out there.. I do not want anymore babies losing they’re life over something so so stupid. No parent deserves to feel the overwhelming pain I feel, no parent deserves to bury they’re baby… and no baby deserves to die because of something so small.

I would give anything to have my Zara girl back.. even my life. Please, just listen to the sids and kids rules- put bub on they’re back, don’t have extra things in the cot.. AND DO NOT USE THESE THINGS.  Rip my Zara girl
 14.09.2015 – 19.11.2015

Her post was shared over 66,000 times.

This really hit a nerve with me. I used one of these myself for both boys! I was obviously very lucky. It’s frightening to think what could have happened….

SIDS recommend placing infants on their back for EVERY sleep, naptime or night time, at home, at grandma’s, at day care and placing babies in a crib or bassinet with a firm mattress, without pillows, soft/loose blankets, bumper pads, or other soft objects, in mother’s/parent’s room close to her bed.

Share your comments below.

Image via Facebook.

  • How tragic is this. Poor mum, poor baby !

    Reply

  • Terrible thing to have happened – RIP little one – and know how much your mummy loved you.

    Reply

  • Some Mum wrap their babies firmly in a baby blanket. Some babies will not settle with their arms wrapped in too tightly. I have 2 that never did from 2 days old. Both of them would wriggle around for anything up to an hour until they absolutely exhausted themselves before they settled and went to sleep. Leave their arms loose or outside outside the blanket and they would be sound asleep in 5 minutes. Thge first baby photo we have one of them is sound asleep in the hospital crib with her little hands up beside her head.

    Reply

  • Such a high price to pay for a mistake. I’m so sorry.

    Reply

  • What a tragedy. Poor Zara! I’ll be telling my friends not to buy this stupid design of a cot! It doesn’t follow any of the SIDS rules that’s for sure!

    Reply

  • Such a tragic thing to happen.

    Reply

  • A tragic way to learn from such a mistake.

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join