Hello!

11 Comments

A mum has spoken of the horror experience her daughter suffered when her new Soft’n Slo Squishies toy burst in her hands.

Lisa Marie Coyle had to rush her daughter, Cara-Rose, to hospital on Sunday morning when the new toy she purchase for her daughter burst and the nine-year-old started screaming in pain, shares The Mirror.

The mum-of-four said there was a liquid inside which caused her daughter’s skin to blister and claims doctors said it was the result of a chemical burn, reports Belfast Live .

Lisa Marie said the injuries on her daughter’s fingers then turned to blisters.

cara rose

“This is the new craze and she had it all day Saturday and my two-year-old as well. I dread to think what could have happened.

“I got up on Sunday morning to her screaming in pain. The purpose of the toy is to squeeze it but it burst and went all round her hand, two fingers on one and one on the other.

squishie soft n slo

“I ran it under cold water but I did not know what it was. Whatever it was stuck to the sink so I rushed her to hospital and they looked at it and said it was a chemical burn and dressed it.”

She is speaking out to warn other parents of the potential dangers.

Are your kids into Soft n Slo Squishies?

Share your comments below

  • How ridiculous having such dangerous liquid inside a child’s toy!

    Reply

  • I’ve seen these in the shops but could never work out what you do with them so I didn’t bother. Now I know all you do is squish them around, I still won’t bother. Seems like a pointless waste of money

    Reply

  • First time i have heard of these, my daughter’s haven’t said anything about them yet.

    Reply

  • I’ve never heard of these – are they sold in Australia (ie not jst over the Internet)?

    Reply

  • I’ve never even heard of them. What did they put in them? Sounds like they were asking for trouble.

    Reply

  • Such a horrible accident to occur.


    • Not something that we are interested in.

    Reply

  • Yes my 2 eldest have squishies. I deliberately didn’t buy it for my youngest one, out of fear she would bite or burst it.

    Reply

  • I thought it was just water

    Reply

  • I didn’t realise that there was liquid inside? I thought it was just air and the plastic outside.

    Reply

  • Quite horrific!! I think I’ve never seen these toys.

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join