There has been a wave of outrage following an article on Daily Mail shaming Chrissie Swan and her children.
People are upset that images of Chrissie’s children would be shared without her consent alongside the heading “Chrissie Swan takes her young children to McDonald’s.”
“The 43-year-old media personality was spotted taking her children to a McDonald’s restaurant in Melbourne earlier this month,” the publication shared, along with images of her sons Leo, eight, and Kit, five, and three-year-old daughter, Peggy.
“The family walked into the restaurant briefly, but were later seen buying take away food at the drive-thru,” the article continues.
Comments on the post include,
* “OMG are you fu$king serious! You wrote an article about her taking her kids to Maccas! Who the f*ck are you to judge her and her family. I’m going to say you either don’t have kids or your a hypocrite because ALL parents have taken their kids there. This is so bullshit. *inserts middle finger emoji*”
* “This article has clearly been written so everyone starts saying her kids are fat and she is a shit Mum. Its a shitty article written to incite hatred towards Chrissy Swan.”
* “It’s completely rubbish! I would LOVE the journalist’ to respond. I’d really like to know how this can even be news… I didn’t even read the article. Chrissy Swan is absolutely beautiful and fucking hilarious and would never criticise her or anyone about what they do with their family. Sorry this really fucking pisses me off.”
* “Well Daily Mail I’m out of here … what you have done here is so far from ok, that it is disgusting how low you can fall. And putting photos of the kids up like this? So wrong.”
* “Daily Mail should be charged with child abuse, Chrissie is a celebrity but her children are NOT!!! Their faces should be blurred at the very least. Shameful to pen such a story Jo Scrimshire, shameful to the photographer, editors and all involved, you all appear to be promoting public shaming/trolling/cyberbullying/etc. To do that to a celebrity is an unfortunate reality we (and they) must live with but to do it to children is or should be criminal, you have no right. While the text has very little to do with the accompanying photographs the story lies in the deliberate juxtaposition. Poor, poor form Daily Mail, Jo Scrimshire, poor, poor form.”
* “You judgmental morons! Seriously, she went to Macca’s and you think this is newsworthy? How could you write up something like this to publicly shame another human being, let alone little human beings. Imagine how they would feel reading this and the idiotic, moronic and judgmental comments from the general public…… What an absolute disgrace! ”
One of Chrissie’s dear friends has jumped to her defence asking people NOT to click on the story.
Rebecca Sparrow took to Facebook saying, “One of my friends is being attacked in the Daily Mail today. By attacked I mean “shamed’ and ‘humiliated’. Please don’t click on the story on Chrissie Swan. Don’t share it. Don’t comment. It is the cruellest story and their site should not be rewarded with hits. To humiliate and shame her children is a DISGRACE. When you click on their stories you are encouraging them to continue doing what they do: humiliating women like Chrissie and Samantha Armytage. When you give them hits, you are silently saying “Keep doing what you’re doing”.
So DON’T click on the story.
You want to share something about Chrissie Swan? Share this. Chrissie Swan is hilarious and whip-smart and generous and kind. She would give you the shirt on her back if you needed it. She’s one of the best people to have at a dinner party – she’s full of mischief and laughter and no-one tells an anecdote like she does. She’s also a deeply loyal friend and when you need her, there is NOTHING she won’t do for you. Share THAT.”
Writer, Wendy Tuohy, also shared her disgust on Facebook writing, “Daily Mail, you are the lowest of the low. I think this time there will be a very noticeable backlash against this trashy treatment of CHILDREN. *do not click*”
I was more disgusted at the comments by people aimed at Chrissie’s children. HORRIBLE remarks to make about little innocent souls.
We at MoM’s are not linking to the article as it does NOT deserve the clicks. PLEASE mums and dads, when you see blatant shaming articles like these do not click the link or “like” the post and give them the attention they want. Ignore and keep scrolling past them. We need to send a strong message that this is not tolerated.
Share your comments below.