A police officer in China, has melted the hearts of millions after breastfeeding the four-month-old baby of a suspect stuck in court.
The infant’s mother was attending a trial and could not nurse her crying child. She had given permission to Ms Hao before letting her baby be fed.
The baby’s mother was charged with fraudulent fund-raising, illegally absorbing public deposit and crime concealment with 33 other people, according to the court.
Ms Hao, a mother herself, said the baby had been left under her and her colleagues’ care before its mother went for the trial.
‘The baby wouldn’t stop crying and we were all worried,’ said Ms Hao.
‘I am a new mother, I could feel how anxious the child’s mother would have been. All I thought about was to try my best and comfort the tiny baby.’
After gaining the permission of the baby’s mother, Ms Hao found a quiet corner in the building and breastfed the baby.
While some people find it disgusting that someone else would breastfeed a child, many people are praising the officer for her caring nature.
– “No problem with breastfeeding but to do this for someone else’s baby just doesn’t sit very well. Just my opinion.”
– “If another women had put my child on her t#t I would have knocked her out, the mother could have quite easily expressed her own milk into a bottle before attending her trial.”
– “Personally I wouldn’t want my baby being fed by someone else, but if I was in the same situation I’d hope someone would care for my little one if I was unable to! The baby was looked after!”
– “I don’t think it’s appropriate for the public figure to be doing this and make it a headline on social media, she’s doing it cos she cares, However, you can’t help someone and make headlines of it. Some things are not meant to be showing off.”
– “Touching moment ??? Are you kidding me?? This is horrendous and terrible. A woman whose medical health I do not know BREAST feeding my baby??? She could give her diseases. So they are wicked to deny a little baby her mother’s breast and this stranger breast feeding her is sickening .”
– “So because the mother is on trial does that mean her rights as a mother have been stripped !!! If so then why bother asking her for consent…. common sense China, breastfed child baby cries due to hunger then allow to feed from mother… not wait … seek mother and ask permission For a police officer to BF feed instead …. what happens if no officer was able to BF… I do also believe blood borne infections can pass through breastmilk….. The feed in reality would not have interrupted the trial …. or a 10 min break would have caused so much disruption.”
Share your comments below