Are you wondering what you may be feeling, or what your baby is doing when you’re 8 weeks pregnant?
To read week 7, please click here.
Here is a detailed list of week 8 pregnancy facts:
- The embryo is half an inch long the leg buds have divided into five leg and foot units.
- The arm buds have divided into hand arm and shoulder units.
- The gonads, testes or ovaries are forming.
- Cartilage and bone are forming. The hands are flexed over the wrist and meet over the heart bulge.
- The feet are approaching the midline and might meet.
- The eyelids have almost covered the eyes. The external ears is well advanced in form.
- The head is in a more erect position and the neck is more developed.
- The limbs are longer. Cartilage appears where bones will later develop.
- The head is bent forward onto the chest. The eyes develop pigment.
- Nerve fibres connect olfactory lobe of the brain, laying the groundwork for the sense of smell.
- The brain stem is now recognisable.
- The changes in your body are becoming more noticeable as your breasts and nipples enlarge and become sensitive.
- Your vagina changes from light pink to dark pink and you may notice an increased vaginal discharge.
It is time for regular monitoring of your pregnancy.
Blood in urine will be regularly checked. Wrists and ankles will be checked for swelling along with your abdomen.
Also you can expect to gain anywhere between 10 to 20 kilograms during your pregnancy.
Check out our video presentation:
If you are pregnant we wish you a safe and healthy pregnancy and if you are trying to fall pregnant we wish you all the best.