- Makes 12
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 6 Ingredients
Simple Quiches with pumpkin, feta and pine nuts
Ingredients (makes 12 quiches)
- sheets shortcrust or puff pastry
- 300grams sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups oven roasted cubed pumpkin
- crumbled feta
- 100grams toasted pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees (fan forced) Grease a muffin tray Using a large mug or small plate (to roughly the size of a muffin casing), cut circles out of your pastry and place into the muffin tray.
- Then place 300grams of sour cream and 3 eggs into a bowl with salt and pepper to season, and mix till combined.
- Place a few pieces of roasted pumpkin, a sprinkling of crumbled feta and a few pinched of toasted pine nuts into each empty pastry casing. Then pour mixture evenly into each to cover your filling.
- Crumble a little extra feta over the top of each and bake until golden brown (15-20mins depending on your oven and the size of each quiche)
To cook in bulk use the rule: 1 egg per 100grams of sour cream. You can then create as much quiche filling as you like for easy freezer friendly snacks, canapes, lunch box treats, etc