This little 1 minute Choc Blueberry Mug Cake is always a hit in my house with kids and adults alike. Sometimes we even do ‘Dessert Bar’ – throw all the ingredients on the bench and everyone makes their own version of a 1-minute mug cake.
Ingredients (serves 1 | makes 1 mug cake)
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp Milk (you can use Almond Milk, Coconut Milk, Lactose free or Soy if you need to)
- 3 tbsp Almond Meal (you could also use Hazelnut meal as an option)
- 2 - 3 tsp Drinking Chocolate Powder or Cocoa
- 1 -2 tsp Caster Sugar or Brown Sugar (double the sugar if you use Cocoa instead of drinking chocolate)
- 1 - 2 squares Dark or Milk Chocolate chopped (or melts or choc bits - whatever you have)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- Use any microwave safe container you like really - just make sure the mixture doesn't fill more than 2/3 of the container. For this recipe, I mixed it up in a large coffee cup and then divided evenly between two of the kids tea cups/espresso cups.
- To make washing up easier, you can run a tiny amount of butter around the inside of the cup or use cooking spray but this is optional.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well with a fork.
- Cook in the microwave for 1 minute (based on 1200W microwave).
- If you want to make more than 1 at a time, increase the cooking time.