- Makes 1
- 3 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
An amazing and tasty bread for anyone wanting bakery quality at home.
Ingredients (makes 1 Loaf)
- 160ml Luke Warm Water
- 1/4 Cup Vanilla Yoghurt
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tsp Butter
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Bread Improver
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 Cups Plain Flour
- 1 Tsp Dry Yeast
- If making in Bread Maker: In order place all ingredients into bread making Bowl. If Oven Baking: Place ingredients in order into bowl and mix until a smooth and elastic constancy.
- If Making in Bread Maker: Choose your bread type and Crust (I choose French and Medium). That is all, please see final step for serving suggestions. ENJOY! If Oven Baking: Transfer the elastic batter to a lightly floured surface and kneed for 5-10 minutes. Once complete kneed/roll into an oval ball suitable to fit your 750g bread pan.
- If Oven Baking: Transfer the ball into a lightly greased (with butter and flour) bread pan. Cover with glad wrap and store in a warm area for 30 minutes - 1hour to proof. Now is a good time to pre-heat your oven to 220deg Celsius. TIP: It has proved enough when you can poke the bread near the pan and the dent you have made does not spring back.
- If Oven Baking: Place in pre-heated oven on the middle shelf. Cook for 30-40 minutes or until bread looks cooked and feels hollow when tapped. TIP: Placing a bowl of water on the bottom shelf during baking can improve the bread quality.
- For al cooking methods: Place on a wire rack to cool. CONGRATULATIONS: You have now made sourdough bread. Some amazing serving suggestions include: Lightly toasted and served with freshly cooked Bacon, Eggs and Tomato. Lightly toasted and served with tomato bruschetta. Served warm and buttered.
We love making this recipe on a Sunday morning and enjoying as a family. Served 4-6 hungry people. Try adding Nuts, Seeds and Dried Fruit to change up the recipe and give more flavours. We love adding some cinnamon and sultanas for a fruit loaf.