- Makes 1
- 3 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
An amazing and tasty bread for anyone wanting bakery quality at home.
Ingredients (makes 1 Loaf)
- 160ml Luke Warm Water
- 1/4 Cup Vanilla Yoghurt
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tsp Butter
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Bread Improver
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 Cups Plain Flour
- 1 Tsp Dry Yeast
Notes... We love making this recipe on a Sunday morning and enjoying as a family. Served 4-6 hungry people. Try adding Nuts, Seeds and Dried Fruit to change up the recipe and give more flavours. We love adding some cinnamon and sultanas for a fruit loaf.
- If making in Bread Maker: In order place all ingredients into bread making Bowl. If Oven Baking: Place ingredients in order into bowl and mix until a smooth and elastic constancy.
- If Making in Bread Maker: Choose your bread type and Crust (I choose French and Medium). That is all, please see final step for serving suggestions. ENJOY! If Oven Baking: Transfer the elastic batter to a lightly floured surface and kneed for 5-10 minutes. Once complete kneed/roll into an oval ball suitable to fit your 750g bread pan.
- If Oven Baking: Transfer the ball into a lightly greased (with butter and flour) bread pan. Cover with glad wrap and store in a warm area for 30 minutes - 1hour to proof. Now is a good time to pre-heat your oven to 220deg Celsius. TIP: It has proved enough when you can poke the bread near the pan and the dent you have made does not spring back.
- If Oven Baking: Place in pre-heated oven on the middle shelf. Cook for 30-40 minutes or until bread looks cooked and feels hollow when tapped. TIP: Placing a bowl of water on the bottom shelf during baking can improve the bread quality.
- For al cooking methods: Place on a wire rack to cool. CONGRATULATIONS: You have now made sourdough bread. Some amazing serving suggestions include: Lightly toasted and served with freshly cooked Bacon, Eggs and Tomato. Lightly toasted and served with tomato bruschetta. Served warm and buttered.
Recipe 750g Sourdough Bread Loaf
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.