- Serves 4
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Quick and easy to prepare, freezes really well too. Leftovers taste good cold or hot.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 6-8 Sausages cooked and cut into pieces
- 3 cups mived veggies - onion carrot zuccini mushroom pumpkin sweet potato (don't use potatoes)
- 1 Jar Pasta sauce (home made or shop bought)
- 2 Cups Beef Stock
- Pinch of each thyme and rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Corn flour
- Dice all veggies (not too small) Toss into slow cooker with cut up sausages
- Pour pasta sauce into cooker. Mix herbs and tomato paste into stock, and pour on top. Give it all a bit of a stir to mix it in
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours (I once left it for about 7 hours and it was fine) Halfway through cooking, mix cornflour into a paste with cold water. Before adding to mix spoon some heated liquid into the paste and stir, then tip the lot into the slow cooker and mix in. Alternativly throw a cup of rice in to thicken the mix.
- Serve with mashed potatoes (I mix cheese into it too)
One day I had all veggies etc prepared, went to chop up some chuck steak and it was off. I threw in sausages and crossed my fingers - hence the name. You can also add a few spoons of sourcream just before serving to lighten the flavour a little. Or can use chuck steak, diced beef, pretty much any meat!