- Serves 6
- 50 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 7 Ingredients
This is a traditional Macedonian tip perfect served with Fresh bakery bread and Bulgarian Feta or even on toast for Breakfast.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 10 Red Peppers ( Mild or Medium)
- 4 Eggplants
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 2 tbs Lemon Juice
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees and bake the peppers and eggplant until skin is darkened and blistered. Place roasted Vegetables into a paper bag and let them steam in their own heat for about 10 minutes.
- Peel off and discard burnt skin with stems and seeds. Mash the pepper and eggplant pulp together to form a chunky dip type consistency with a fork or a food processor. set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frypan and saute the onion until soft, add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the Pepper and Eggplant pulp mixing well.
- Slowly drizzle remaining oil into mixture stirring constantly to mix in all of the oil then stir in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.