- Serves 12
- Makes 12
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
All Bran Muffins are the perfect addition to your baking staples list!
They not only taste amazing but they are filled with the goodness of All Bran – a cereal that is jam packed with fibre that’s just so good for you!
‘You get your kids to eat All Bran?’ I hear you say.
To be honest, I never could get them to eat All Bran as a cereal. And the first time I made my version of All Bran Muffins, the kids all refused to try them. They thought they’d be bland, boring and way too ‘healthy tasting’.
So the batch of muffins sat on the kitchen bench for a half hour untouched. Then a bunch of my kids’ friends dropped in for a play date. I offered them a muffin with a little butter and they all say yes. 2 minutes later they were scoffed. My kids even jumped on the ‘We love All Bran’ bandwagon because their friends were there!
To this day, we make these regularly. This particular All Bran Muffin recipe includes dates and walnuts (because I love dates and am a bit obsessed with the crunch of nuts). If you are not a fan of dates or walnuts, feel free to omit from the recipe. You might like to replace with berries, currants, sultanas or keep your muffins plain.
How long has All Bran actually been around?
According to Kelloggs, All Bran has been available as a cereal since 1929. Here’s what they have to say about one of their all time cereals:Kellogg’s® All-Bran® Original
“All-Bran has been looking after the digestive health of Australians since 1929. With 42% of your daily fibre intake in one bowl, it’s the easy way to help get the fibre you need to look after your digestive health. Add seasonal fruit and reduced fat yoghurt for a twist on an old favourite.”
Or of course, you could get your daily fibre from an All Bran Muffin using our recipe!
Is this the best All Bran Muffin Recipe you’ve tried?
Once you’ve tried this recipe, we’d love to hear your thoughts. Did it live up to your expectations? How did it compare to other recipes you’ve tried?
If you really enjoyed this recipe, hit the L❤VE button just under the recipe image. The more L❤VES, the more others will know it’s a recipe worth trying.
Ingredients (serves 12 | makes 12 Muffins)
- 2 cups Bran Cereal (any brand will do)
- 1.25 cups Milk
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 75g Butter
- 1.25 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 4 large Fresh Dates, deseeded and chopped
- Place the bran cereal and the milk into a bowl and allow to sit. This will allow the bran cereal to soften.
- Into another bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together. Add the walnuts and dates and mix thoroughly to ensure the date pieces are all separated.
- Melt the butter and allow to cool for a minute or two. Add the egg and vanilla paste to the All Bran/Milk mixture and mix well with a wooden spoon. Pour in the melted butter and mix again with your wooden spoon or spatula.
- Add the dry mixture to the All Bran mixture and mix with spoon/spatula until just combined.
- Spray the muffin tray with olive oil and dust with flour to ensure no sticking. Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups and sprinkle a little brown sugar over the top.
- Heat the oven to 200.C While the oven is preheating, allow the batter in the muffin tray to rest. Place muffin tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Rotate the tray and cook for a further 5 - 8 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Once cooked, allow to cool for a few minutes before turning out of the muffin tray. Sprinkle with a little extra brown sugar and walnuts if desired and serve warm with a knob of butter.
If you love to bake, you might like to try some of these recipes as well:
Recipe All Bran Muffins With Dates And Walnuts
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.