- Makes 20
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
Pistachios or hazelnuts can be used instead of almonds.
Ingredients (makes 20 biscuits)
- 2 Cups Plain flour - sifted
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 Cup Castor Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Blanched Almonds
- 3 Eggs lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 160C. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar and almonds
- Add eggs and mix to form a dough. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Divide dough into two logs. Place on a baking tray lined with paper and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool slightly, and then slice into 4 mm thick slices. Place slices on a baking tray lined with paper and bake for ten minutes or until crisp.