- Makes 30
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
Something a little different than just an antipasto platter, these are sure to impress everyone!
Ingredients (makes 30 skewers)
- 30 Cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch Basil
- 30 slices Danish salami (or salami of your choice)
- 30 Cherry Bocconcini balls
- 30 Red marinated capsicum strips, drained
- 30 Marinated green olives (or any olives of your choice)
- 30 Cheese tortellini, cooked
- 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 TBS extra
- 2 TBS Balsamic vinegar
- 1 TSP Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot of boiling water, add 1 tbsp. olive oil. Cook tortellini according to package directions until al dente. Drain and transfer to large bowl - allow to cool.
- Season cooked tortellini with salt and pepper. Add balsamic vinegar and 1/4 cup olive oil and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Marinate bocconcini: In a small bowl, add bocconcini balls, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and remaining 1/4 cup olive oil. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Assemble skewers by layering one piece each cherry tomato, basil, salami, bocconcini, roasted red pepper, green olive and tortellini. Serve & enjoy!
You can add anything you like to these skewers. Artichoke hearts and marinaded mushrooms are also great. Make sure to drain the Bocconcini, capsicum and olives well before using - I lay on paper towel to soak up excess liquid.