- Makes 20
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 11 Ingredients
A scrumptious modern take of the traditional ANZAC cookie. These are berry-licious!
Ingredients (makes 20 Sandwich Cookies)
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Plain, All purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened dessicated coconut
- 1/3 Cup Superfine (caster) sugar
- 1/3 Cup Firmly packed brown sugar
- 125g Unsalted butter
- 1/3 Cup Golden Syrup
- 1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 350g Icing sugar, sifted
- 2tbs Barker's Blackcurrant Fruit Syrup
- 2 - 4tsp Whole Milk
Notes... Recipe developed by La Gallette (Instagram: @lagallette)
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Place the rolled oats, plain flour, desiccated coconut, caster and brown sugar in a large bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the unsalted butter and golden syrup in a medium-sized saucepan over low heat, stirring until the butter is melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the bicarbonate of soda. Pour into the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the cookie dough into a ball and press down with your fingertips. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Cool completely before sandwiching with the blackcurrant filling
- Place the icing sugar and Barker’s Blackcurrant Fruit Syrup in a bowl and stir to combine. Slowly add the milk, stirring until a thick icing consistency (almost like thick cream). Add little or more milk until the consistency is achieved.
Recipe Anzac Berry Sandwich Cookies
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.