- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
The biscuit that most of us know as the ANZAC biscuit is a sweet biscuit made from rolled oats and golden syrup.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup dessicated coconut
- 125 grams butter chopped
- 2 tbls golden syrup
- 2 tbls cold water
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- Preheat oven 160C
- Combine oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a large mixing bowl.
- Place butter, golden syrup and water in a saucepan on medium heat. Stir until butter is melted. Stir in bicarbonate soda.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir butter mixture into the dry ingredients in bowl.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on biscuit trays about 5 cms apart. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes until golden for chewy and 15-16 minutes for crunchy.
- Cool on wire racks and serve them to your troops!