- Serves 24
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 6 Ingredients
These have oats, quinoa, buckwheat and sorghum to provide extra nutrition to the kids.
Ingredients (serves 24)
- 1 cup Freedom Foods Ancient Grain flakes
- 1.25 cups plain flour
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 150g butter, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Mix the flour, oats, sugar and coconut in a large bowl.
- Place the rice malt syrup and butter in a saucepan and stir over low heat until the butter has melted. Remove from heat then mix the bicarb soda with 1 1/2 tablespoons water into the mixture.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and mix together. Roll heaped tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on a lined baking tray. Press down on top with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 mins, or until browned.
You can buy the Freedom Foods Ancient Grain flakes from Woolworths or Coles supermarkets.