- Makes 4
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
These Apple and Walnut Stacks are a perfect little sweet treat when you’re short on time (or ingredients). You’ll probably have all these ingredients in your pantry … and if not, feel free to improvise.
We cooked this on MoM Cook Club LIVE! You can watch the video here:
Ingredients (makes 4 stacks)
- 2 sheets Puff Pastry
- 1 small Green Apple, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Cake crumbs
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Using a round cookie cutter (or egg ring or similar) to cut out 8 rounds of puff pastry.
- Place 4 rounds of pastry onto the baking tray and lightly brush with a little egg using a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle the pastry with a little brown sugar and maple syrup and then top with 3 - 4 slices of apple. Add a teaspoon of the cake crumb and walnuts on top of the apple and then place the second pastry round on top of this brushing lightly with the egg mixture.
- Top this one with the same combination and then finish off with the same combination of crumble and walnut sprinkled with brown sugar and maple syrup.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes (until the pastry is cooked and golden brown).
- Serve with custard, yoghurt, cream or ice cream or enjoy on their own.