- Makes 12
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
These apple, bacon and maple muffins are a delicious addition to the kids school lunchbox.
Ingredients (makes 12 Muffins)
- 1 Brown Onion
- 1 Large Apple (grated)
- 5 rashes of bacon
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1.5 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup Wholemeal flour
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 cup Milk
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
Notes... Try not to stir the mixture too much so the air doesn't beat out for light fluffy muffins.
- Heat oven to about 200 degrees Celsius. Lightly grease a 12 muffin tray with butter.
- Chop bacon and onion into small cubes. Grate one large apple (skin and all).
- Heat butter in a frying pan over medium heat to fry onion and bacon. Cook till onion goes translucent and soft. Stir in half of the maple syrup.
- Stir through grated apple then remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Sift both white and wholemeal self raising flour into a large bowl.
- In a jug, lightly beat an egg with milk and olive oil. Add mixture to the flour and gently stir until almost combined.
- Gently fold in bacon and apple mixture, cheese and the rest of the maple syrup.
- Spoon into muffin tray (this mix will is pretty much going to fill every cup in a standard muffin tray).
- Bake in the middle tray for 18-20 mins or until a test skewer comes out clean.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.