Serve with whipped cream
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 2 Cooking Apples
- 5 Slices wholemeal bread crusts removed
- 1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 200 ml Milk
- 1 tablespoon Demera Sugar
- Peel and core the apples, cut into chunks.
- Dice the bread into approx 1 cm pieces.
- Toss the apples, bread, cottage cheese and brown sugar until well mixed. Stir in the milk (if bread very stale may need a little extra)
- Tip mix into a baking dish, sprinkle Demera Sugar over the top. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden and bubbling.
You can also sprinle cinnamon or nutmeg over the top