- Makes 1
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 12 Ingredients
Perfect for cold rainy days, this will satisfy the sweet tooth!
Ingredients (makes 1 cake)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 125g Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Plain flour
- 1 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 4 Granny Smith apples peeled (2x chopped into thin slices for the top of the cake and 2x chopped into small chunks for the caramel apples)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 20 g Butter
- dash Cream (plus extra to serve)
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and line a cake tin of your choice - I use either a round one or a loaf tin for this recipe
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla essence.
- Combine flour, cinnamon and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally stir in the milk until mixture is smooth. Pour or spoon into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean
- Meanwhile, add butter to a frypan and melt.
- Add in apples and cook for a few minutes then add in brown sugar (start with 1/8 cup and increase to desired sweetness) and stir to dissolve
- Add in a dash of cream and stir through to combine
- Cook on a low heat until apples are softened and sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve the cake warm or cold with the apples and caramel sauce over the top. Tastes great with some cream on it too!