- Makes 2
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Rich in fiber, minerals, antioxidants and all nine essential amino acids, Quinoa is one of the healthiest and most nutritious foods on the planet. It’s also naturally gluten free! This Apple & Cinnamon Quinoa Porridge is a great way to start your day and to be healthy from the inside out!
Ingredients (makes 2 Serves)
- 1 cup Milk of your choice (Almond, soy, coconut, cows etc)
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 2 Apples, grated with skin on
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 TBS Maple syrup
- 2 TBS Sultanas
- Rinse quinoa under cold running water.
- Combine with the water in a pot and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat - cover and cook for 10 minutes until soft.
- Add milk, apple, cinnamon, seeds and vanilla. Cook for 5 minutes until creamy - add more milk if needed for a creamier texture.
- Spoon into serving bowls and enjoy.